Energy Focus Team
Cornell is reducing energy consumption through conservation and efficiency, and switching to cleaner and renewable sources of energy such as solar, wind, geothermal, and low-impact hydropower...
The Energy Focus Team is one of the 10 President's Sustainable Campus Committee Focus Teams.
Implementing conservation measures and switching to renewable sources of energy can also help save money. Renewable energy generated locally and allow Cornell to support local economic development.
- Reduce energy consumption through a college-level engagement campaign including green office and lab certification and building dashboards
- Assessment of carbon reductions and participation in Climate Action Plan update.
- Wind Energy, CURBI and Biomass Firing
- Complete 3 major Energy Conservation Initiative projects.
- Create 3 additional renewable energy courses.
- Explore opportunities for solar and biofuel energy production.
Tobias Hanrath, Associate Professor, Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, College of Engineering, email@example.com
Mark Howe P.E. CEM, Energy Conservation Initiative Project Manager,Infrastructure Properties and Planning, firstname.lastname@example.org