Transportation Focus Team
Cornell is working across campus and the region to move toward a more sustainable transportation systems through partnerships...
The Transportation Focus Team is one of the 10 President's Sustainable Campus Committee Focus Teams.
Partners include include Tompkins County Area Transit, Ithaca Carshare, Big Red Bikes and Zimride. Students created the Big Red Bikes, bike share program, to provide the campus with additional options. Bicycling and walking provide human health benefits and mitigate the need for large areas of paved surface.
- Assessment of carbon reductions and participation in Climate Action Plan update Commission three (6) electric vehicle charging stations by June 2014.
- Define LEV parking program by June 2014 for FY 2015 implementation.
- Add 2 more bike racks on campus by August 2013.
- Continue TDM program support that includes support for Ithaca Carshare, TCAT and Zimride.
- Help institutionalize Big Red Bikes and C-TRAC.
- Implement improved short term parking program by August 2013.
- Complete bicycle infrastructure plan by June 2014.